At King's Church we have Global Links!We keep in touch with some special people. We support several great organisations and take a particular interest in some countries:
- A family who work for YWAM (Youth with a Mission) in South Africa they encourage many people with their training activities etc especially local young people
- A couple from King's Church serve with PRIME (Partners in Medical Education) visiting India frequently to teach Indian doctors in family practice. The courses are organised by the Christian Medical College at Vellore.
- We have other personal contacts in India with friends at the Free Methodist Church in Mumbai, ‘Gnyan Sampada’ (Treasures of Knowledge) School and other churches, medical work and several Bible Colleges
- The UK Free Methodist Church partners with Kibogora Hospital, Rwanda who are a strategic hospital caring from maternity to palliative care.
- Several of our people have a special concern for Israel and pray together regularly
- Arab World Ministries have a great Arabic language web site with relevant video clips and opportunity to get in touch. Many Arab people have taken a step closer to Jesus, many have downloaded the Bible
- Burma – several of our folks have visited short term some of the children who are refugees on Thailand border
- We support Free Methodist world missions, TEAR Fund and Wycliffe Bible Translators
It is great that people from lots of different countries have come to King's church – including China, Ecuador, England, Germany, Philippines, Rumania, Scotland, South Africa, Wales, Zimbabwe – any more welcome! Our Sunday morning gathering is English language but notes are provided in Mandarin.
There are lots of opportunities for you to get involved – for instance emailing friends overseas, sending stuff, sponsoring a child in a developing country, organising things, hosting prayer meetings, attending prayer meetings, praying at home, going overseas short term and giving money.
This is our theme Bible quote - about Jesus himself - from Revelation 5:9 (CEV translation):
You are worthy … because you were killed.
And with your own blood you bought for God
people from every tribe, language, nation, and race.
King's Church is part of something bigger!