Over the last decade Kings Church has developed a special involvement with Chinese and international students and staff at the University of Central Lancashire (UCLAN) in Preston.
Usually around 60-70 come to the introductory meetings and there may be 12 or more in church on a Sunday with 50-60 Chinese involved in the various housegroups.
Who for? International students and scholars
When? Tuesdays in September (see calendar)
Where? The Salvation Army in Preston, Harrington Street, Preston, PR1 7BN
- free food
- small "skits"
- words from past students
- a talk translated into Mandarin
- opportunities to meet some British people
- open to those of any or no religion
- friendly giving an opportunity to meet English people
- a minibus leaves each Sunday at 10am from the Foster car park to take any students or visiting scholars who wish to go the 1.8 miles to where we meet
- often we provide sermon notes in Mandarin as the talk is in English
- overseas students who come are likely to be invited to someone's home
- meetings in homes with British & Internationals (some Mandarin translation)
- a teaching session on Christianity & discussion
- comparison between Chinese and British culture
- English practise
- Other Activities...
- outings to the Lake District & Yorkshire
- cycling trips
- other special events